So you’ve decided you want to go on a cycling holiday to Mallorca. Good decision!
The next questions are
- where is the best place to stay in Mallorca for cycling and
- what are the best cycling hotels in Mallorca?
There are loads of options, and it can be tough to work out what’s best for you.
On our last trip to Mallorca, we spent hours researching Mallorca’s bike hotels and where to stay. We’ve put this guide together to try and save you having to do the same!
Read on for the full lowdown on the best places to stay in Mallorca for cycling breaks.
Looking for the best Mallorca cycling routes and rides? Don’t miss our ultimate guide to cycling Mallorca.
This article includes details of products and/or services that we have used ourselves or which we would consider using. Some are paid features or include affiliate links where if you click on a link and make a booking or buy something, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please read our disclosure policy for further information.
The best cycling hotels Mallorca: comparison table
|Club del Sol, Resort & Spa (sponsored)
|Port de Pollença
|Port de Pollença
Hotel Astoria Playa
VIVA Blue & Spa
|Playa de Muro
Monnaber Nou Finca Hotel & Spa
Hotel Son Ametler
Hotel El Nido (sponsored)
|Port de Soller
Remember to double-check accommodation bike storage arrangements (and any other services you need) before booking as policies often change.
Port de Pollença vs. Port d’Alcúdia
For many (particularly British cyclists), the question of where to stay in Mallorca for cycling is an easy one. If your holiday is cycling-focused and you want variety, then you stay in Port de Pollença or Port d’Alcúdia.
Below we go into the detail of what each resort is like and our pick of the best cycling hotels in each.
However, it’s worth pointing out that many cyclists actively choose not to stay in these two resorts. For our pick of the best towns in Mallorca for alternative places to stay, skip down through the article to this point.
The good and the bad
Port de Pollença and Port d’Alcúdia are in the same beautiful bay. There’s shimmering water in front of you, and the UNESCO protected Tramuntana Mountains behind.
There are loads of Mallorca cycling hotels, cycling friendly accommodation and bike hire. It’s also where most cycle training camps are based.
Although the coastal location reduces the number of directions you can cycle in, you’re still well placed to access the most beautiful part of Mallorca and some of some of the island’s best rides:
The main disadvantage of either town is that they are the opposite end of the island to the airport. You’ll need a transfer or car hire to get here from the airport.
The above map shows the location of each town mentioned in this article.
Port de Pollença cycling hotels
Port de Pollenca is the most popular destination for cycling in Mallorca. It’s the favourite hideout of organised cycling training camps. Don’t come here if you want to avoid other cyclists!
Overlooked by the Tramuntana Mountains.
Organised around a horseshoe bay with a sandy beach.
Lots of bike hire outlets with superb quality bikes and experienced mechanics.
There’s the gorgeous pedestrianised Pine Walk for strolling along, a pretty town square, the attractive beach, and a Michelin starred restaurant, Argos.
But don’t come here for hardcore nightlife.
Note: Port de Pollença and Pollença are different places. Pollença is about 5km inland from Port de Pollença.
Club del Sol, Resort & Spa, Port de Pollença (4-star)
Ctra. Puerto Pollensa, Alcudia, km 62.3, 07470 Port de Pollença – Get more information and book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabulous location, facing Puerto de Pollença’s bay with excellent access to the Tramuntana mountains.
- Bike storage with locks and security system.
- Workshop tools and technician, washing station for bikes, washing machine and drier.
- Spa and wellness facilities for relaxing after long rides. Gym, massage and treatments available.
- Buffet food options created with athletes in mind.
- If you’ve got children you need to keep occupied, the entertainment team and three outdoor pools (complete with kids splash pool) will be popular.
Sporthotel Villaconcha, Port de Pollença
The Sporthotel Villaconcha is a four-star resort in an excellent location, just a 5 minute walk from the beach and Pine Walk leading into town. It’s good for cyclists and for families – there’s two pools (one for kids), a water park, pool table and table tennis, a bouncy castle and children’s entertainment during the summer months. There’s no way they can get bored!
The cycling facilities are equally extensive and excellent – there’s a bike storage room, an on-site mechanic to help with any repairs including tools and equipment, a free laundry service, a bike shop and friendly staff. Basically, if
- We love: Having a bike shop on-site in case you need something urgently.
- Be aware: Some of the facilities, including the lane pool, have a (small) extra charge to use.
- Best for: Cycling families – although cycling groups without kids, and families who aren’t cycling, will also love it.
Port d’Alcúdia cycling hotels
Like Port de Pollença, Port d’Alcúdia is popular with cycle training camps and hordes of winter cyclists. There’s a good selection of cycling-friendly hotels. Historically, Team Sky/Ineos train here during the winter (based at the Vanity Hotel Golf). So if they think it’s the best area to stay in Mallorca then it must be good, right?
Hotel Astoria Playa, Port Alcúdia
- We love: The relaxed atmosphere of this adults-only hotel.
- Be aware: It’s on the “wrong” side of the road for the beach but makes up for it with the facilities offered.
- Best for: Anyone looking for a focussed cycling break away from the noise of family hotels.
Viva Blue, Port Alcúdia
VIVA Blue Hotel is a seasonal aparthotel close to the Playa de Muro Beach, offering four-star accommodation.
- We love: The excellent location right on the beach.
- Be aware: The hotel is open from March to November only.
- Best for: Families and serious cyclists – it has everything you need regardless of your holiday style.
Which resort is better for road cyclists?
When we visited in March, we preferred Port de Pollença to Port d’Alcúdia. Port de Pollenca seemed a bit more upmarket than the part of Port d’Alcudia we visited, and we loved the Pine Walk along the water’s edge.
We’ve heard that the sun goes behind the mountains earlier in Port de Pollença than in Port d’Alcúdia and that there are more restaurants open in Port d’Alcúdia in winter, so you might want to consider whether those points are relevant to you.
Other top Mallorca cycling bases (+ their cycling hotels)
Sometimes staying in the middle of one of the world’s most popular cycle destinations isn’t what you want.
Perhaps you want to stay somewhere that’s less of a resort and more typically Mallorcan? Or somewhere that has routes in a 360 radius around it? Or that’s a shorter transfer from the airport?
If that’s the case, read on!
Perfect for those looking for some space and natural beauty, somewhere quiet and typically Mallorcan.
- Alaró is a small town with a gorgeous town square, home to the church and town hall and surrounded by creamy stone buildings.
- It’s popular with expats who like the laidback atmosphere and fact that although tourism is not obvious here, there is still a good handful of restaurants and cafés to choose from.
- Located on the middle edge of the Tramuntana, there’s easy access to climbs like Orient, Sóller and over to the Sa Calobra.
El Nido boutique hotel, Alaró
El Nido boutique hotel is located in Alaró, roughly half way between Palma and Port de Pollença, at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains. The location is ideal for cycling into the picturesque mountains or across the more gentle hills of central Mallorca.
The family-owned hotel has five suites, all with king size Hypnos beds. Three can be configured to become two single beds. The hotel has both central heating and air conditioning for the warmer months. There’s high speed wifi throughout and streaming TVs in every room.
In the morning, there’s a fresh, locally sourced buffet breakfast with fruit and eggs cooked to order. If you are heading out before breakfast starts, the hotel is happy to prepare something delicious for you to take with you.
There’s secure bike storage in the garage, where there’s also a complete toolkit for you to deal with any maintenance issues. After your ride you can relax in the secluded garden or enjoy the 12 metre pool.
- We love: the hosts’ warm welcome.
- Be aware: the hotel does not serve lunch or dinner, but there are plenty of nearby restaurants.
- Great for: a stylish stay in a small hotel that’s perfectly located for easy access to the island’s best rides.
Address: Carrer Can Barbut, 35, Alaró, 07340
Telephone: +34 601 908 712
Website: Click through to El Nido’s website
- You’re spoiled for choice with the rides: hilly, flat or something in between.
Monnaber Nou Eco Hotel and Spa, near Campanet
The Monnaber Nou Finca Hotel & Spa is a four-star Mallorca bike hotel near Campanet.
- We love: The fantastic scenery and access to stunning mountain rides.
- Be aware: The hotel is split between the main building and an annex 600m away – check where you’re booking.
- Best for: Experiencing traditional Mallorca, and enjoying a wide variety of facilities.
Hotel Son Ametler, near Campanet
Hotel Son Ametler is a
- We love: The beautiful location and the welcoming staff.
- Be aware: There’s a 100m gravel track from the hotel to the main road, but it’s perfectly rideable.
- Best for: A quieter escape away from the crowds, with access to stunning countryside rides.
Great if you don’t want a big resort but do want restaurants, bars and shops on hand. Here you’ll find those things plus more of the real deal Mallorca…
Hotel L’Avenida, Sóller
Hotel L’Avenida is a four-star hotel in the heart of Sóller. It’s rare to see a hotel have so many excellent ratings and so few ratings that are average and below. The reason for all the love? Appreciation for the elegant conversion of this 1907 mansion, the spacious, chic rooms, and central location.
- We love: The great service and central location close to all amenities.
- Be aware: This isn’t a big resort hotel – it has a pool, bar and restaurant but that’s it really.
- Best for: An elegant stay with easy access to rides and local dining.
Esplendido, Port Sóller
Hotel Esplendido is situated in Port de Sóller, rather than Soller, and it’s a four-star hotel with good facilities.
- We love: The fun modern decor and beautiful location.
- Be aware: You’ll need to ride through Soller every day to start your ride.
- Best for: A quieter, more scenic base for your cycling break.
Zafiro Palmanova, Palmanova (4-star)
Zafiro Palmanova is a four-star hotel in Palmanova.
- We love: The extensive facilities for all kinds of guest.
- Be aware: The roads around town are pretty busy, so be careful riding.
- Best for: A cycling break or a family stay close to the airport.
Hotel Playa, Can Pastilla (3-star)
Hotel Playa is a three-star hotel in Can Pastilla, describing itself as “designed for cyclists”.
- We love: The views from the rooftop terrace with the hot tub – great after a day’s ride.
- Be aware: There’s no pool, but you are right next to the beach.
- Best for: A child-free cycling break in a comfy hotel.
And finally… there’s one more hotel in Mallorca that’s great for cyclists but more at the luxury end of the market – check it out in this article!
Have you been to Mallorca?
Do you have your own opinion of the best place to stay in Mallorca for cycling? Or some specific Mallorca accommodation recommendations? We’d love to know! Tell us your experience below.
If you’re planning a cycling trip to Mallorca, make sure you look at our ultimate guide to cycling in Mallorca. You’ll find our pick of the best routes and climbs plus when to go and bike hire information too!
Please support Epic Road Rides
A huge amount of time and effort goes into the article you’ve just read, all with the aim of helping you!
If you found what you’ve read useful, I’d really appreciate it if you dropped something in the tip jar here.
It’s a way you can say thank you and help us carry on creating top quality content with no annoying ads and no pay wall.
Got a question for Clare?
Fill out this form and we will send it to Clare. We aim to get you an answer within 24 hours wherever possible!
The contents of this website are provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on it. You should carry out your own due diligence and take professional advice. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date. If you use any information or content on this website, download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through our website, it is entirely at your own discretion and risk. Epic Road Rides Ltd disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the information and content on this website. Find out more here.